You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. To use the NHS App you must be aged 13 or over and registered with a GP surgery in England. Your ID is verified directly via the app without having to come to the surgery.
Sign up now to the NHS app and you will be able to use this to:
- View your health records including allergies, previous medications and test results
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Nominate a pharmacy for Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
- Submit an online consultation/eConsult
- Book, cancel and view upcoming appointments at the GP surgery
- View and download your NHS Covid Pass
- check your symptoms using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when urgent help is required using NHS 111 online
- register as an organ donor
- choose whether the NHS uses their data for research and planning
- view your NHS number
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details.
You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.