You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. To use the NHS App you must be aged 13 or over and registered with a GP surgery in England. Your ID is verified directly via the app without having to come to the surgery.
Sign up now to the NHS app and you will be able to use this to:
- View your health records including allergies, previous medications and test results
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Nominate a pharmacy for Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
- Submit an online consultation/eConsult
- Book, cancel and view upcoming appointments at the GP surgery
- View and download your NHS Covid Pass
- check your symptoms using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when urgent help is required using NHS 111 online
- register as an organ donor
- choose whether the NHS uses their data for research and planning
- view your NHS number
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
NHS England – easy read guides to GP online services
A set of guides that use easy words and pictures to enable users to understand GP online services.
NHS England: videos about using GP online services
Please have a look at the GP Online Services case studies below which gives the views of patients, practice managers and GPs about how easy and useful it is to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and have access to medical records online.
The Patient Responsibility
You understand that it is your responsibility to keep your contact details updated and that you are responsible for the safety and security of your personal registration details for online services. You also understand that you can withdraw consent at any time by simply notifying the Practice in writing.
- Where access is granted to your registration details such as PIN, Practice ID, Access ID and CHI number will be sent via post or given in person.
- The Email address must be specific to the person making the request. It cannot be a shared account.
- Patient with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments without cancelling will not normally be granted access to online appointment booking.
- Online appointments booked are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined it is no longer required.
- The Practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice at the discretion of the Partners. This will not affect your registration with the Practice.
- On approval request for online access you will be given access and instructions.
- Requests for reissue of access log-in details will be sent via post to the patients registered address or in person.
- The status of repeat prescriptions requests should be checked online to confirm they have been prescribed before collecting any medications from the Pharmacy especially if requesting a item not on your repeat prescription record.
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.